Whether preparing for upcoming Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) changes or planning for the next Affordable Care Act (ACA) deadline, compliance issues can make or break an organization.
At SHRM 2016, we launched our #PeopleFirstPodcast in an effort to help HR professionals thrive in their careers and in the HCM cloud. We know that one important aspect of HR is keeping organizations compliant with increasingly changing regulations locally, nationally, and globally. To that end, Episode 4 discusses The Impact of Compliance on the Business. Listen here: http://www.ultimatesoftware.com/Compliance-and-Benefits-Podcast
In this episode, Sharlyn Lauby, the HR Bartender, and Maria Luther, Director of Compliance for Ultimate Software, discuss important issues such as how to strategically prepare for compliance changes. Maria explains how she grades risks in a risk assessment before determining the best ways to prepare, as well as determining implementation and preparation timelines. She also shares the role technology, mobile, and self-service features play in compliance. The 15-minute episode ends with a more serious discussion on cyber security.
Mentioned in the podcast, here are 19 of our favorite compliance resources—including information from SHRM, HR influencers who are compliance experts, employment lawyers, additional resources discussed during the episode, and a few others to round out the list!
Our 19 Favorite Compliance Resources
- #PeopleFirstPodcast Episode 4 – The Impact of Compliance on the Business – Ultimate Software
- New Report: Understanding the Final FLSA Overtime Rules and How to Prepare – Ultimate Software
- Breaking Down FLSA Overtime Changes Infographic – Ultimate Software
- ACA Resource Center – Ultimate Software
- ACA Planning 2016 and Beyond – Ultimate Software
- Navigating the PPACA – Ultimate Software
- Compliance for Federal Contractors – Ultimate Software
- An Overview of the New FLSA Overtime Rules – Ultimate Software
- New FLSA Overtime Rules: How to Develop and Effective Communication Strategy Webcast – Ultimate Software
- Drug testing employees post-accident is going to get harder starting in August (OSHA) – Michael Haberman, Omega HR Solutions, Inc.
- #SHRM16 Report Day 3 – Focus on the FLSA – Michael Haberman, Omega HR Solutions, Inc.
- FMLA, Termination and the ADA – Michael Haberman, Omega HR Solutions, Inc.
- HR Intel – The Calm Before the Wage and Hour Storm – SHRM, Michael Jacobson
- FLSA Answers – SHRM, Rue Dooley
- Here are the 3 biggest workplace compliance concerns for the next year? No. 2 will shock you! – Eric B. Meyer, The Employer Handbook
- Social Recruiting and Record Keeping (OFCCP) – Kate Bischoff, Employment Law Navigator
- HR Compliance: Shooting the Messenger – Kate Bischoff and Judy Langevin, Employment Law Navigator
- Exemptions for Executive, Administrative, Professional, Outside Sales and the Fair Labor Standards Act – US Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Division
- FLSA Overtime Rule Resources – SHRM